Three Workshop Series for Executives Planning a Change
Have you ever, even occasionally, debated with yourself whether it is time to consider your departure?
The reality is that many executives consider departures, on bad days, anniversaries, when spouses retire, when they read of another potential opportunity. Yes, they don’t do anything specific for themselves or their organizations until they are six months or less away from their intended exit. If this describes you and you have contemplated leaving, yet have no urgent deadlines, nor made any time specific plans, you are not alone.
In order to help executives and nonprofits prepare for a leadership transition, LevRidge Resources is once again, offering a workshop series to you and a very small cohort of long time nonprofit leaders to engage in confidential, thoughtful, planning. The series of three sessions will focus on the personal and organizational impact of executive leader transitions, and lay out steps and actions. Whatever your time frame might be (even if several years away) and whether you’re considering another career, a geographic move, or retirement, you will learn specifics to start planning and preparing yourself and your organization.
How you and your organization will benefit from the workshop series and what you will learn:
- Deepening your awareness and choices about when you might be ready to leave a job or change careers.
- What can be done to prepare the board and the organization for a significant leadership change? And, how can you plan so that you leave well?
- What’s the job of a departing executive and the board in leading a transition?
- How to assess the board and the organization’s readiness to have a major leadership change and launch a search?
- What needs to happen during a well-planned transition to best benefit the organization and shorten the onboarding and orientation time needed for the new leader?
- You’ll have a confidential space to discuss and exchange ideas with other experienced nonprofit leaders. Conversations will be facilitated by experienced transition coaches about issues that executives wrestle with about making a change, if and how to communicate what you’re considering, and how to start getting more specific about your timing.
- You will gain a confidential support network of peers.
“This was a very productive program and well worth my time…You should most certainly continue to offer this program.”
“Glad to be part of this workshop, timely and relevant!”
- Participants from earlier 2019 workshop series
Workshop Dates will be:
December 10, 2019 8:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. “Are you really ready for this?” Rev. Sally Johnston
January 10, 2019 8:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. “Is your organization ready for this?” Andy Calhoun
February 14, 2019 8:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. “Getting you act and your plan together” Kathy Ridge
If this interests you, visit our website for the recent blog posting, “Knowing When and How to Leave” and fill out the confidential inquiry form for a 20 minute phone interview about the upcoming workshop series. Please read the blog and fill out the inquiry form by October 18th, so we can set up a confidential phone interview. I look forward to connecting and learning more about your journey.